MEMBERSHIP HAS ITS PRIVILEGES
When you join the Y, you’re not just joining a pool/gym, you’re joining a community that supports positive community change within the Skagit Valley community. We are a nonprofit that focuses on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Every Y is your Y. Your membership gives you access to every YMCA in Washington State. Stop in to swim, dance, play pickleball, shoot some hoops, weight lift, and more!
All Classes Included
All group fitness classes are included in your YMCA membership. We are currently requiring reservations for our fitness classes, which are offered in both in-person and virtual formats. Visit our Reservations page for our up-to-date class offerings.
Discounts & Priority Registration
Get discounts on swimming lessons, day camp, youth sports, and more with your membership. Members also get access to early registration for our most popular programs.
Childcare while you work out
All household memberships include FREE access to Y Kids’ @ Hoag. Bring your children in for active and engaging fun with our highly trained staff while you work out.
Open in limited capacity. To learn more, click here.
WHAT YOUR MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTS
When you join the Y, your membership fees support more than just keeping the lights on or paying the bills. Here are some of the programs your membership dues make a direct impact on:
- YMCA Oasis Teen Shelter, Daylight Center & Outreach Programs
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Healthy Living Programs
- Childcare Scholarships
- and more!
CODE OF CONDUCT
The YMCA enforces its policies and practices to prevent child abuse and harassment. To learn more, please view our Code of Conduct policies below.
Youth are an important part of our Y! While using our Hoag Road facility, we do have guidelines in place to keep our youth safe. To learn more about age restrictions for the pool, track, gym, and wellness center, please view our Youth Guidelines below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The YMCA is committed to providing a welcoming, safe, and enjoyable experience to everyone who enters our doors, regardless of age, color, religion, sexual orientation, language, gender expression, or nationality. Therefore, we ask all members and guests to exhibit behavior that follows our values of care, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Individuals who experience or observe negative or dangerous behavior are encouraged to promptly report their concerns to YMCA staff. Every effort will be made to ensure that reports are investigated and resolved promptly, confidentially, and effectively.
WHAT IS OPEN DURING COVID-19?
I’M NOT A Y MEMBER. CAN I PURCHASE A DAY PASS?
Yes! We are now open for drop-ins.
I’M NEW TO THE Y. WHAT SHOULD I KNOW BEFORE MY FIRST VISIT?
- All new members/visitors are required to show ID to be entered into our system. Please have a form of ID handy when you first arrive.
- Make sure to bring your own towels. Our facility does not have laundry facilities and as such we do not provide towels.
- Please shower before using the pools. Our steam rooms are not open at this time. The pool deck and locker rooms can get slippery when wet. Please walk carefully and consider wearing flip flops or water shoes.
- No cell phone use of any kind is allowed in the locker rooms. Please remain clothed in the common spaces of the Universal locker room.
- Gym shoes only in the gym. It is best to have separate indoor shoes to protect our floors.
- Please wipe down the equipment with the cleaning supplies provided. Please make sure toss your unused paper towel in the nearest trash can.
WHAT ARE THE HOURS?
- Monday – Friday 5:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Pool hours will differ from facility hours and are subject to change. Please note the steam rooms are closed at this time.
- The following holidays are observed by the Skagit Valley Family YMCA. We will be closed the following days to allow our staff to spend time with their families:
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve*
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve*
- New Year’s Day
- *Early closure in the afternoon
WHEN IS OPEN SWIM?
ARE THE STEAM ROOMS AND HOT TUB OPEN?
Our hot tub is open for use, but the steam rooms are closed.
HOW OLD DO CHILDREN HAVE TO BE TO VISIT THE Y WITHOUT A GUARDIAN?
Please see our Youth Guidelines above.
WHAT IS Y KIDS’ @ HOAG?
- Our Y Kids’ programs at Hoag Road are a benefit of all family memberships. This gives parents the ability to exercise while knowing that their children are in the caring hands of our highly trained staff.
- This is a service we provide while you are taking a group fitness class, exercising in the Wellness Center, or swimming in the pool. Please keep your phone with you so that our Y Kids’ staff can reach you in case of an emergency.
WHEN IS Y KIDS’ @ HOAG OPEN?
IS THE NEW BUILDING ADA COMPLIANT?
Yes! It is very important to us that we serve ALL members of the community. Ensuring that our facility is ADA compliant is key to making this possible.
WHO CAN PARK IN THE LOW EMISSION VEHICLE SPACES?
Vehicles listed on the Greener cars ranking list qualify for our low emission vehicle spaces. Look up your vehicle here.
WHAT FITNESS CLASSES DO YOU OFFER?
- Due to COVID-19, some classes are offered in-person and others are offered virtually. Reservations are required for all group fitness classes.
- To see our current Fitness Class offerings, please visit our Reservations page
CAN I RENT OUT THE POOL/EVENTS ROOM FOR A PRIVATE PARTY?
We are not renting the facility out at this time.
LOST & FOUND
Lose something at Hoag Road? Please visit our Lost and Found located at the Welcome Center. Note that most items will be donated after being held for two weeks
RULES BY AREA
Y KIDS' @ HOAG RULES
Unlike the drop-in nature of the program before the pandemic, Y Kids’ will now require a reservation and will only be available for current Y members. We are requiring reservations for the safety of our children and staff in mind, as limiting the number of spaces and keeping consistent attendance allows us to limit exposure.
Here’s what else you need to know about the “new” Y Kids’:
- Offered Monday – Thursday in 2 time slots (8:45am – 10:45am and 11:00am – 1:00pm).
- Registration is required, but it locks you in for one month during the time frame you choose. Registration is free of charge, and you are not required to attend every day of the week.
- Children must be signed in and out by a guardian, and that guardian must remain in the building.
- Available for youth ages 3-11; all youth are required to wear a mask/face covering.
- Children must be potty trained and must wear appropriate clothing/shoes.
- Y Kids’ is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Space is limited (first come, first served).
- If your child is showing signs of illness, please keep them at home.
- We reserve the right to deny service if children/guardians are aggressive, destructive, or disrespectful to staff or other members.
- Participants are required to take a cleansing shower before entering the pool.
- Pool use is permitted only under the supervision of a YMCA Lifeguard.
- The Lifeguard has full authority for interpreting and enforcing these guidelines. Failure to abide by pool guidelines may result in the loss of pool use privileges.
- Individuals under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs are not permitted to use the pool or to be on the pool premises.
- Appropriate swimwear/swimsuits required for all participants. Shirts and tank tops are not allowed unless they are made of polyester, nylon, or spandex. Jeans and cotton clothing are prohibited.
- Any person wearing a diaper must have a protective covering (swim diaper) to prevent contamination. Please change diapers at designated diaper changing areas in the locker rooms only.
- Individuals with open sores, communicable disease, infections, or who have been ill with vomiting or diarrhea within the last two weeks are not permitted in the pool.
- Participants with a history of seizures, heart, or circulatory problems should swim with a buddy if at all possible. Please alert a staff person if you have a specific condition of which they should be aware.
- Pool noodles may be used with certain hours at the permission of the lifeguard.
- In an effort to keep the pool deck as clean as possible, the use of street shoes is strongly discouraged. Likewise, food, gum, beverages, and tobacco products are not permitted in the pool area.
- Running, dunking, diving, and horseplay are prohibited.
- Participants must use feet-first entries or ladder-entries when entering the pool.
- In the event of an emergency please follow the directions of the Lifeguard on duty.
- In an Emergency, press the red alarm panels or call 911
- An emergency phone is located in the lifeguard office at the south side of the pool area.
- A First-Aid Kit is located in the lifeguard office at the south side of the pool area.
- No glass
- No food or gum
HOT TUB/STEAM ROOM RULES
- The Skagit Valley Family YMCA follows YMCA National Guidelines that prohibit children under 12 years of age from hot tub and steam room use. Children 12-13 years of age must be supervised by an adult.
- Please shower before using the hot tub.
- Use of body lotions, oils or suntan lotions is not permitted.
- Swimsuits must be worn at all times.
- Maximum time limit is 10 minutes.
- No cell phone use in the steam rooms.
- No diving or jumping into the hot tub.
- Do not submerge to the bottom of the hot tub.
- Cool down at least five minutes after exercising prior to use.
- Aerobic exercise in the hot tub or steam rooms is not allowed.
- Please do not use the hot tub or steam rooms if you are under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics, or tranquilizers.
- Maximum hot tub occupancy is 9 patrons.
- No food, gum, or unprotected glass products allowed on the court.
- Proper closed-toe athletic footwear required (no sandals, heels, or floor-marking shoes).
- Sign out all equipment used and return in the same condition.
- Y activities & scheduled events have priority over other use.
- To prevent loss, damage, or personal injury, jewelry is restricted.
- The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Report all losses, injuries, or issues to Y staff.
WELLNESS CENTER RULES
- Athletic footwear required.
- Wipe down equipment.
- Re-rack equipment after use.
- During peak times, please share equipment with other patrons.
- Bumper plates for Power Rack and platform.
- Limit Cell Phone Use – Take Calls to the Lobby.
- No unprotected glass allowed.
- Must be 16 or older to use the free weights.
- Personal Training:
- Cancellation Policy: Clients are responsible for informing their trainer 24 hours in advance if they are unable to make a scheduled session. A make-up session will be given on a case-by-case basis.
- Payment Policy: All sessions must be paid for in full in advance prior to the initial session with trainer. Paid sessions expire 6 months after the date of purchase. No refunds.