CARE FAIR, MAY 14 & 15
A free, low-barrier health services event
The Skagit Valley Family YMCA is pleased to introduce our first Care Fair on May 14 and 15! In collaboration with several community partners, we are pleased to offer several health services and resources.
BOTH DAYS, 9 AM-5 PM:
- Vision services including eye exams, glasses fittings and cuttings (APPOINTMENTS FULL)
- Light food provided by Helping Hands Food Bank
- Community Action of Skagit County Energy Assistance (including information and referral on all other agency services)
- Medicare/Medicaid counseling by Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
- Help Me Grow Skagit services for families with young children (closing at 12 pm on Sunday, May 15)
- Transportation information by Skagit Transit
SUNDAY, MAY 15:
- (10 am-4 pm) Emergency dental care and referrals, no cleanings provided (APPOINTMENTS FULL)
- (9 am-5 pm) Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) service information and referral
- (12 pm-5 pm) Covid-19 vaccinations, blood pressure and blood glucose screening/counseling
Pre-registration for all vision and dental appointments on Sunday are now full. Drop-ins are not guaranteed to be served. All other services (besides vision and dental) are first come, first served.
Thanks to Skagit Transit, public transit is free in Skagit County for guests of the Care Fair! Just let your driver know you’re attending.
This event is intended for any community member without access to the insurance or finances to cover their vision needs, such as seniors, individuals and families with little to no income, undocumented neighbors, and people experiencing homelessness. Participants are simply asked to provide a name, phone number and email address.
HOW TO SUPPORT
We are looking for people to give their time, talent and expertise on May 14 and 15. We also welcome financial contributions to help cover the cost of ensuring this event is free and accessible to all! Funds will go back into covering materials, supplies, and professional staffing.
Interpreters fluent in Spanish, Triqui, Mixteco, Russian, Ukrainian or ASL AND dental professionals are especially encouraged to volunteer! If finances are a barrier to your participation as an Interpreter, we are happy to provide compensation for your time (please note in the form below).