*Pool hours will differ from facility hours and are subject to change. Please note there is a 10-minute limit for the steam rooms and hot tub.
Visit https://www.skagitymca.org/schedules for the latest pool schedule.
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-1:30pm & 3:30pm-8:30pm
Children must be 14 years or older to visit the Y without a guardian.
Members 14 years or older may use the workout equipment or attend a fitness class. Kids ages 12-13 may use limited workout equipment with a guardian. In order for anyone 11 years old and below to use the Wellness Center or attend a fitness class, they must have medical clearance from their doctor and be approved by our Health & Wellness Director, Crystal Bullard: (E) email@example.com (P) 360-336-9622.
All kids under the age of 14 will get a bracelet to identify them as cleared by our staff.
Members of all ages are welcome to use the gym. Children 9 years and younger must be supervised by a guardian while in the gym. You must be 10 years or older to use the gym with a guardian in the building.
Members of all ages are welcome to use the track. Children 9 years and younger must be supervised by a guardian while they use the track. You must be 10 years or older to use the track with a guardian in the building.
Members 10 years and older may use the pool with a guardian at the Y. A swim test is required for kids under 14 who are not accompanied by a guardian. Please know that our Aquatics staff have the final say based on the swimming abilities of each individual.
Must be 12 years or older to use the steam rooms and hot tub.
Our YKids programs at Hoag Road are a benefit of all family memberships. This gives parents the ability to exercise while knowing that their children are in the caring hands of our highly trained staff.
This is a service we provide while you are taking a group fitness class, exercising in the Wellness Center, or swimming in the pool (2-hour limit per day). Please check in at the Welcome Center to get a wrist band and keep your phone with you so that our YKids staff can reach you in case of an emergency.
Yes! It is very important to us that we are able to serve all members of the community and ensuring that our facility is ADA compliant is key to making that possible.
Vehicles listed on the Greenercars ranking list qualify for our low emission vehicle spaces. Look up your vehicle here.
Group fitness classes include:
Aquatic fitness classes include:
We will be offering rentals once we get settled into the new facility, but are not offering rentals at this time. We will share rental details when we have them available. Party rentals are still available at our Bakerview Sports Center. Please contact our Sports Director, Jacob Clem for more information about party rentals at Bakerview: (E) firstname.lastname@example.org (P) 360-336-9622.
• Participants are required to take a cleansing shower before entering the pool.
• Pool use is permitted only under the supervision of a YMCA Lifeguard.
• The Lifeguard has full authority for interpreting and enforcing these guidelines. Failure to abide by pool guidelines may result in the loss of pool use privileges.
• Individuals under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs are not permitted to use the pool or to be on the pool premises.
• A swimsuit is required for all participants. Shirts and tank tops are not allowed unless they are made of polyester, nylon, or spandex. Jeans and cotton clothing are prohibited.
• Any person wearing a diaper must have a protective covering (swim diaper) to prevent contamination. Please change diapers at designated diaper changing areas in the locker rooms only.
• Individuals with open sores, communicable disease, infections, or who have been ill with vomiting or diarrhea within the last two weeks are not permitted in the pool.
• Participants with a history of seizures, heart, or circulatory problems should swim with a buddy if at all possible. Please alert a staff person if you have a specific condition of which they should be aware.
• Pool noodles may be used with certain hours at the permission of the lifeguard.
• In an effort to keep the pool deck as clean as possible, the use of street shoes is strongly discouraged. Likewise, food, gum, beverages, and tobacco products are not permitted in the pool area.
• Running, dunking, diving, and horseplay are prohibited.
• Participants must use feet-first entries or ladder-entries when entering the pool.
• In the event of an emergency please follow the directions of the Lifeguard on duty.
• In an Emergency, press the red alarm panels or call 911
• An emergency phone is located in the lifeguard office at the south side of the pool area.
• A First-Aid Kit is located in the lifeguard office at the south side of the pool area.
• No glass
• No running
• No diving
• No food or gum
• Appropriate swimwear required
The Skagit Valley Family YMCA follows YMCA National Guidelines* that prohibit children under 12 years of age from hot tub and steam room use. Children 12-13 years of age must be supervised by an adult.
• Please shower before using the hot tub.
• Use of body lotions, oils or suntan lotions is not permitted.
• Swimsuits must be worn at all times.
• Maximum time limit is 10 minutes.
• No cell phone use in the steam rooms.
• No diving or jumping into the hot tub.
• Do not submerge to the bottom of the hot tub.
• Cool down at least five minutes after exercising prior to use.
• Aerobic exercise in the hot tub or steam rooms is not allowed.
• Please do not use the hot tub or steam rooms if you are under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics or tranquilizers.
• Maximum hot tub occupancy is 9 patrons.
• No food, gum or unprotected glass products allowed on the court
• Proper closed-toe athletic footwear required (no sandals, heels or floor marking shoes)
• Sign out all equipment used and return in the same condition
• Y activities & scheduled events have priority over other use
• To prevent loss, damage or personal injury, jewelry is restricted
• The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items
• Report all losses, injuries or issues to Y staff
• Athletic Footwear Required
• Wipe Down Equipment
• Re-rack Equipment After Use
• During Peak Time Share Equipment
• Bumper Plates for Power Rack and Platform
• Limit Cell Phone Use – Take Calls to the Lobby
• No unprotected glass allowed
• 2-hour daily limit
• Ages 4 mo. - 12 yrs.
• Children must be signed in and out by a guardian
• Guardians must remain in the building
• Y Kids’ usage is included in Household Memberships
or available via drop-in rates (see Welcome Center for details)
• Lockers are for day use only
• Cell phone use of any kind is prohibited in the locker rooms
• Please remain clothed in the common spaces of the Universal locker room
• Children ages 5 and under may accompany a guardian into a locker room designated for the opposite gender