BROWN BAG LUNCH: FARMING AND FOOD
BROWN BAG LUNCH DISCUSSION FARMING & FOOD THINKING LOCAL & THINKING ORGANIC: FROM FARM TO TABLE
Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12-1:30pm Y Community Room
LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE : PLEASE REGISTER AT THE WELCOME CENTER
The Skagit Valley’s rich farm land has fed Western Washington communities for generations: Join CHRIS HAMER from WHEN PIGS FLY Farms, DANIEL VORAN from A MAN AND HIS HOE Farms and ADA SNYDER Regional Sales Representative for HIGH MOWING ORGANIC SEEDS for an informative & engaging discussion about the importance of knowing where your food comes from, how it was grown, what your supporting & how this nurtures & feeds your body: From seed to table—Ingrid Hinton, the AOA Coordinator will host this informative and important conversation—learn, ask, participate:
- Local vs Non-Local produce.
- The amazing roll of plants in soil health.
- What produce to expect during specific months.
- The importance of supporting the local farming community.
- How to support the Local Food Movement.
- Composting for soil health.
- Simple ways to grow your own food in your yard.
“TO FORGET HOW TO DIG THE EARTH AND TO TEND THE SOIL IS TO FORGET OURSELVES” Mahatma Gandhi