During these unprecedented times, we are more grateful than ever for our Hoag Road facility. Construction was completed in 2019 with state-of-the-art features and over 57,000 square feet of space. These features, coupled with our skilled custodial team, have allowed us to keep our members and staff safe over the last 10 months. Here are a few examples of what goes on behind the scenes at Hoag Road:
- Our HVAC systems is uniquely designed to be controlled and adjusted by room or zones by a centralized system computer. This system gives us the ability to easily adjust air filtration throughout the building. According to the EPA, “air filtration can help reduce airborne contaminants, including particles containing viruses. When used along with other best practices recommended by CDC and others, filtration can be part of a plan to reduce the potential for airborne transmission of COVID-19 indoors.”
- We’re currently in the process of installing an Ionized Air Cleaning System in the elevator to reduce potential airborne contaminants. This will allow more than one member at a time to safely use this space.
- Our swimming pool water is circulated and filtered at a rate four times more than the industry standard. Our state-of-the-art UV filtration eliminates 99.9% of all bacteria, viruses and harmful chloramines.
- When designing the facility, non-porous materials were selected for most shared surfaces. This allows for easy, frequent sanitization.
- Our custodial team uses the Evaclean Touchless Disinfecting and Sanitizing System, trusted by many hospitals, schools and laboratories. This system reaches a larger surface area than traditional cleaning products.
We are so proud and honored to be able to continue safely offering health and wellness programming for our community. During the pandemic, we have heard from many of our members that through our Hoag Road and virtual wellness programming, they have been able to find a stable community to help improve their physical and mental health through these challenging times. Thank you for being a part of our movement to create a stronger Skagit Valley community.