YMCA Stage 1 Reopening Guidelines (Washington State Phase 2)
We are currently in YMCA Reopening Stage 1!
We are excited to begin reopening Hoag Road on Wednesday, June 10th! We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC and state authorities. Please note that the Y will look a lot different than it has in the past in order to make our reopening possible. We will have a slow, staged reopening and ask that members please check this page frequently to see what parts of the facility have reopened. These are unprecedented times and we will need to work together to ensure a safe opening for all.
As you read what will be available below, please know that if something is not listed under a stage of opening, it will not be available at that time. For example, in Stages 1 and 2, you will notice that Y Kids is not listed which means that this service will not be available during these stages.
Here's what to expect in Stage 1:
- All members and staff will need to check-in at our screening tent prior to entering the facility. You will be asked a series of questions, sign a safety waiver, and will have your temperature taken before you will be cleared to enter the facility. Swimmers will enter through the West entrance leading directly to the pool deck.
- Upon entering the facility, please scan your member card (only need one card per family)
- Members must maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance.
- Oneway traffic will be designated with all staff and members entering through our main entrance and leaving out the back doors (facing Salem Lutheran Church).
- Members and staff must wear a mask until they reach their workout space/work station. After your workout, please put your mask back on as you are leaving the facility.
- Members must check-in and out of their workout space.
- Members will again be checked out as they leave the facility. Multiple check-in points will allow us to ensure accurate contact tracing, which is required so that we can reopen.
- Only small group fitness training, personal training, and lap lanes will be available at this time. All participants must make a reservation before their visit. Registrations will open 72 hours prior.
- No common use equipment will be available (i.e. yoga mats, bands, balls, foam rollers, yoga blocks). Please bring your own mat and any other equipment you will need.
- No guests or drop-ins will be permitted. Facility use will only be for members during our Y Reopening Stage 1.
- High-risk populations are highly recommended to stay home and stay safe. High-risk populations are currently defined by CDC as: persons 65 years of age and older; people of all ages with underlying medical conditions (particularly not well controlled) including people with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma, people who have serious heart conditions, people who are immunocompromised, people with severe obesity, people with diabetes, people with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis, and people with liver disease; people who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility.
- Lap lanes will be open for reservation beginning Wednesday, June 17th (only one swimmer per lane). Locker rooms will not be open, so please come ready to swim and bring any equipment you may need. No equipment will be provided by the Y.
- Lane reservations will open 72 hours prior to the reservation time. Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis and you may not be able to get the exact lane you prefer based on availability.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, we reserve the right to place another swimmer in that lane.
- Please cancel your reservation if you no longer plan to use your reservation so that someone else may use the pool After two no-shows, you will not be able to reserve a lane for two weeks. To cancel your reservation, please email email@example.com.