VOLUNTEERING AT THE Y
The Y counts on generous volunteers who donate their time and talents to strengthen our community. Y volunteers provide direct support to programs, raise needed funds, support special events, and provide leadership by serving on the Board of Directors.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, Y volunteers give people of all ages from all walks of life access the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure.
The Y runs on people power. Volunteering at the Y is a fun and rewarding way to support your neighbors, strengthen your community, and connect with amazing people. There are lots of ways you, your friends, or your whole family can contribute, no matter what your interests or your schedule. And when we all pitch in, we all rise together!
Our volunteers nurture the potential of thousands of kids, teens, and young adults year-round. They teach, mentor, guide, and support youth from their first few weeks of life through their first steps into adulthood. Volunteers assist with:
- Youth sports
- Swim lessons
- Childcare programs
- Special events
- YMCA Oasis
Y volunteers provide support, resources, and guidance to kids, adults, and families so they can achieve greater health and well-being in spirit, mind, and body. Opportunities include:
- Personal training
- Teaching or assisting in fitness or other community classes
- Meeting one-on-one with members
- Supporting community events such as Healthy Kids Day, and Halloween Carnival
- Welcoming and serving Y members and participants
Volunteers help the Y listen and respond to our region’s most critical social needs. They help inspire compassion and involvement in our community by:
- Serving as board members
- Fundraising as part of the Y’s annual campaign
- Encouraging volunteerism from individuals and groups
- Sharing personal stories about the Y’s impact
Volunteer opportunities to get involved with. Share your gifts, talents, and interests!
- Coaching – basketball, soccer, football, volleyball, baseball, cross country
- Virtual program lead – cooking, crafts, teach Spanish, book club & more!
- Weeding & gardening
- YMCA Oasis
- Subject Line: Volunteering Opportunities
- Body: What area of volunteering you are interested in, how many volunteer hours you’re interested in
Please note, the YMCA is unable to fulfill Court ordered Community Service hours.