Join the Y. Support Your Community.
When you join the Skagit Valley Family YMCA, you’re not just joining a “swim ‘n gym” – you’re joining a community that supports positive community change within the Skagit Valley community. We’re a non-profit that focuses on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
When you join the Y, your membership fees support more than just keeping the lights on or paying the bills. Here are some of the programs membership dues make a direct impact on:
- YMCA Oasis Teen Shelter,
- Financial Assistance programs
- Healthy Living programs
- Childcare Scholarships
- and more!
Read on to learn more about membership perks, our most common FAQs, and how you can stay informed on what’s happening at the Y.
Adult Membership $70/month
For individuals ages 25+ with no dependents
2 Adult Membership $100/month
Includes two adults living at the same address and no dependents
Family Membership (1 Adult) $100/month
Includes one adult and all dependents in the same household
Family Membership (2 Adults) $130/month
Includes two adults and all dependents in the same household
Family Membership (3 Adults) $160/month
Includes three adults and all dependents in the same household
Teen Membership (ages 13-19) $30/month
Ages 13-19, must have a legal guardian on file for teens under age 18
Young Adult Membership (ages 20-24) $45/month
Young adults ages 20-24
Senior Membership (ages 65+) $58/month
For individuals ages 65+ and no dependents
Senior Couple Membership $79/month
For two people in the same household and no dependents, one individual must be 65+
$100 Joining Fee for all membership types except Teen Membership ($50)
Y for All
Our goal is to make Y programs as affordable as possible; we offer income-based pricing on memberships, childcare, and on youth programming.
Companies or groups with 10+ memberships can receive a 10% discount on monthly membership fees, plus a $0 joining fee.
The Military Outreach Initiative offers Y memberships for qualified military members and families nationwide.
Perks of Membership
Full List of Membership Benefits:
- Access to our state-of-the-art Hoag Road facility (Aquatic Center, Wellness Center, Track, and Gymnasium)
- Health and wellness opportunities (Fitness Classes, Wellness 101, personal training (extra fee)
- Y Kids’ @ Hoag (supervised care for your kids while you use the facility)
- Kids’ Night Out (supervised care on Friday night once per month)
- Early-bird registration for popular youth programs (ex. swim lessons, camp, youth sports)
- Discounted rates for popular youth programs (ex. swim lessons, camp, youth sports)
- Discounted fees at our licensed Y Childcare sites
- Nationwide YMCA access. Click here for additional details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Monday – Friday:
- 5:00 am – 10:00 pm
- 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- 12:00 pm – 4:00pm (members only, no drop-ins)
We are closed on the following holidays:
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve*
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve*
- New Year’s Day
*Early closure in the afternoon
We encourage all members of the community to come and use our spaces! Our drop-in fees are as follows:
- Under 5 Years Old: Free (with paying adult 18-years-old or older)
- Youth (ages 6-12): $5
- Teen (ages 13-19): $10
- Adult (ages 20-64): $20
- Senior (ages 65+): $15
- Family: $40
Please bring a hard copy of ID (ex. Driver’s License) with you.
For international visitors (including Canadians), please bring American currency to pay for your drop-in fee.
As a perk of membership, active members ages 18 and older receive 3 guest passes per year that can be used to bring in non-YMCA friends and family members (18+ years old).
- All new members/visitors are required to show a hard copy of their ID to be entered into our system. Have a physical ID handy when you first arrive.
- Make sure to bring your own towels. Our facility does not have laundry facilities and as such we do not provide towels.
- Please shower before using the pools. The pool deck and locker rooms can get slippery when wet. Please walk carefully and consider wearing flip flops or water shoes.
- No cell phone use of any kind is allowed in the locker rooms or in the hot tub. Please remain clothed in the common spaces of the universal/gender neutral locker room.
- Gym shoes only in the gym. It is best to have separate indoor shoes to protect our floors.
- Please wipe down the equipment in the Wellness Center with the cleaning supplies provided and keep the space clean by throwing away your cleaning wipe.
A youth may stay on a Family Membership as a dependent through the end of their 18th year. A youth is considered a dependent if they are:
- A biological, adopted, or foster child
- A sibling, niece/nephew, or grandchild that resides at the same residence as you for more than half the year
Once youth turn 19, they will need to transition int either a Teen Membership or be added to the Family Membership as another adult. Both options cost the same, as a Teen Membership is $30/month and each additional adult in a Family Membership is also $30/month.
For the most up-to-date pool schedule, please visit our Aquatics/Safety page.
Pool hours will differ from facility hours and are subject to change.
Yes! It is very important to us that we serve ALL members of the community.
- Our building is wheelchair accessible
- We have wheelchair accessible equipment in the Wellness Center
- Handicap stalls in all bathrooms and locker rooms
- Zero-entry access to pool
- Lap pool lift machine
- Elevator access
We are not renting the facility out at this time.
Please call your Insurance provider to see if you have the following benefits as part of your insurance: Renew Active, Active & Fit, or Silver & Fit*. If you do have one of these three benefits, please bring your Fitness ID # to the Welcome Center with your Photo ID.
*Please note that Silver & Fit is considered a “Premium” membership at this location and usually requires an additional payment to the Silver & Fit provider.
Use of parts of the building is dependent on the age of your child(ren). Check out our Youth Guidelines to see what our age limits are for each space by visiting our Membership Handbook page.
We realize that you may need to cancel your membership at some point. Learn more about our Termination policy here.
Sundays (excluding certain holidays) are reserved for all paying members (including insurance memberships), as well as visiting members from other YMCAs and those who are on the two-week Y for All membership or are on one-week Try the Y promo. If a member would like to bring a friend or family member (18+) using their guest pass, they may do so, but the community at large will need to visit the Y on a different day of the week. Sundays are our day for celebrating our members!
Our Membership Handbook includes information for members and drop-ins alike, including membership essentials, our YMCA policies, facility rules, Youth Guidelines, and Aquatics Center guidelines.
Can’t find an answer to your question? Connect with our Welcome Center team by emailing [email protected], calling 360-336-9622, or stopping by in person.