Welcome to the
Skagit Valley Family YMCA!
Welcome to the Skagit Valley Family YMCA! Located in Mount Vernon (WA), we are one of over 2,700 Ys located in 10,000 communities across the United States. At the Y, we are dedicated to strengthening our Skagit community.
Our programs, services, and initiatives enable youth to realize their potential; offer families ways to have fun together; empower people to be healthier in mind, body, and spirit; welcome and embrace newcomers; and help foster social responsibility.
Monday – Friday: 5:00am – 10:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm-4:00pm (members only, no drop-ins)
See FAQs below for holiday hours.
Follow us on Social Media!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Monday – Friday:
- 5:00 am – 10:00 pm
- 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- 12:00 pm – 4:00pm (members only, no drop-ins)
We are closed on the following holidays:
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve*
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve*
- New Year’s Day
*Early closure in the afternoon
We encourage all members of the community to come and use our spaces! Our drop-in fees are as follows:
- Under 5 Years Old: Free (with paying adult 18-years-old or older)
- Youth (ages 6-12): $5
- Teen (ages 13-19): $10
- Adult (ages 20-64): $20
- Senior (ages 65+): $15
- Family: $40
Please bring a hard copy of ID (ex. Driver’s License) with you.
For international visitors (including Canadians), please bring American currency to pay for your drop-in fee.
As a perk of membership, active members ages 18 and older receive 3 guest passes per year that can be used to bring in non-YMCA friends and family members (18+ years old).
- All new members/visitors are required to show a hard copy of their ID to be entered into our system. Have a physical ID handy when you first arrive.
- Make sure to bring your own towels. Our facility does not have laundry facilities and as such we do not provide towels.
- Please shower before using the pools. The pool deck and locker rooms can get slippery when wet. Please walk carefully and consider wearing flip flops or water shoes.
- No cell phone use of any kind is allowed in the locker rooms or in the hot tub. Please remain clothed in the common spaces of the universal/gender neutral locker room.
- Gym shoes only in the gym. It is best to have separate indoor shoes to protect our floors.
- Please wipe down the equipment in the Wellness Center with the cleaning supplies provided and keep the space clean by throwing away your cleaning wipe.
For the most up-to-date pool schedule, please visit our Aquatics/Safety page.
Pool hours will differ from facility hours and are subject to change.
Yes! It is very important to us that we serve ALL members of the community.
- Our building is wheelchair accessible
- We have wheelchair accessible equipment in the Wellness Center
- Handicap stalls in all bathrooms and locker rooms
- Zero-entry access to pool
- Lap pool lift machine
- Elevator access
We are not renting the facility out at this time.
Please call your Insurance provider to see if you have the following benefits as part of your insurance: Renew Active, Active & Fit, or Silver & Fit. If you do have one of these three benefits, please bring your Fitness ID # to the Welcome Center with your Photo ID.
Use of parts of the building is dependent on the age of your child(ren). Check out our Youth Guidelines to see what our age limits are for each space by visiting our Membership Handbook page.
We realize that you may need to cancel your membership at some point. Learn more about our Termination policy here.
Join our Email List
The Y is continually evolving and expanding! Stay up-to-date on everything that’s happening by subscribing to our email list and following us on social media.