Our Skagit Y now has an app! This is something that’s been in the works for a long time, so we’re thrilled to finally announce it. We hope the app elevates your experience at the Y and serves as a useful tool in your health/wellness journey in particular.
Below are the many functionalities that come with the app, sectioned up by where in the app you can find them:
Quick Menu (the top righthand corner buttons)
- QR Code
- Checking-in at the Welcome Center just got easier! Simply pull up the Skagit YMCA app, click on the QR Code button, and scan the code just like you would your scan card. To set this up, input the number listed on your physical scan card.
- Track Workout
- Regardless of how you use the facility, you can use the app to track your workouts. Lifting weights? You can select the exercises you’re doing as part of your workout, including the number of sets, reps, and weights you’re using. Not using free weights? All our cable machines and cardio equipment arealso built into the app, allowing you to keep track of your distance and time. Additionally, you can track activities like swimming, hiking, mountain biking, downhill skiing, and other workouts that take you outside Hoag.
- As you complete workouts, you’re awarded activity points, which represent the energy that you burn off through physical activity. They are calculated from the duration and intensity of an activity.
- For those with a competitive side, you’ll be able to see how you stack up against friends, family, and other members at the Y by viewing the “Ranking” widget on the Progress tab.
- If you log onto one of our Precor machines, your workout will automatically show up in the app after you’ve completed a workout.
- If you complete a workout on a spin bike, treadmill, elliptical, stair stepper or other piece of cardio equipment, take a picture of the final distance, calories, and time that shows up on your equipment screen and upload it to the app. Within 24 hours, your workout will be added to your workout history and activity points will be updated.
- Class Schedule
- You can sign up for your favorite Skagit Y fitness classes right in the app! Simply click on the “Class Schedule” button and the class schedule will show up in the same format you’re used to. You will need to log into your YMCA account the first time you open the class schedule page on the app.
- Register for Programs
- Sign up for programs at the Y such as swim lessons, youth sports, and more! You will need to be logged into your YMCA account in order to sign up for programs.
- Participate in fitness challenges designed by our professional personal trainers and instructors! Some challenges may push you to the brink – can you take the heat and rise to the occasion?
- Earn badges as you rack up activity points and complete challenges.
- Stay up to date on what’s happening at the Y. We’ll post important news announcements here. Plus, we can send out push notifications for quick updates, such as a building closure due to weather.
- See what your fellow Skagit Y members are doing! You can leave a like or a positive comment on your friends and family member’s workouts. A supportive community is a strong one!
- Stay up to date on upcoming events at the Y.
- We believe a strong community can be achieved when we invest in our kids, our health, and our neighbors. Our programs, services, and initiatives enable youth to realize their potential; offer families ways to have fun together; empower people to be healthier in mind, body, and spirit; welcome and embrace newcomers; and help foster social responsibility. Beyond our gym and aquatics center, the Y also provides quality early childhood education, afterschool programs and camps, and our Social Impact division provides support and resources for those who need it most in our community. Give today to help us achieve our mission to create positive community change through relationships by empowering the mind, body, and spirit of ALL!
- Training Plans
- Running out of ideas for workouts? Not to worry! Our personal trainers and fitness instructors will create workouts that you can complete. Have a favorite workout that you want others to try? Let us know and we can add it as a workout for others to try!
- Activity Level + BioAge
- Learn more about what health benefits come with your current activity level. The app has six differentactivity levels that align with the number of Activity Points you accumulate
- Based on your activity levels and maximums for strength, cardio, and metabolism, you can view your BioAge, or how old you are based on your fitness. You can track this from month to month and year to year to see your progress. The more values you enter, the more accurate your BioAge will be!
- Satisfy your competitive side by keeping track of how well you’re doing compared to others at the Y. As you accumulate activity points, see where you stack up with your peers at the gym.
- Goal Center
- Set goals based on calories, time, distance.